Sunday, August 28, 2011

Welcome Friends!

And then….I blogged! Welcome to a new atmosphere, or should I say, blogosphere! I welcome you to Lackey’s Latitudes, my new blog dedicated as many topics as my mind can generate.

First, for those of you who don’t know me, let me introduce myself. My name is Jeff Lackey and I am a transportation consultant in the TranSystems Wichita Office. I am a civil engineer by training but my career has taken me down several different paths. Not only have I had a chance to deal with a variety of highway and transportation design projects, but I have been fortunate enough to gain experience in transportation planning and site selection analysis. I am very fortunate that I work for a firm that deals in so many different modes of transportation.  It has given me the opportunity to deal in way more sectors of transportation than I would have working for a traditional AEP firm.

Speaking of my firm, I encourage you to go visit our website: www.transystems.com. TranSystems is a consulting firm that is like none I have ever encountered. I will save the sales pitch for the TranSystems website, but essentially we provide consulting services across 9 market sectors and 4 lines of business. Everything from design and planning of ports of call on the coasts, to site selection analysis, highway design, architectural design and planning and construction management services. In addition, we provide real estate advisory services as well as security design and program management. If you have questions about anything we do, feel free to let me know, I can tell you all about it.

Finally, a little bit about my personal life and what I enjoy doing outside of my professional career. I am married to my soulmate and best friend Shelly and I have a 14 year old son Tate who is starting high school this year. Yes, we are accepting prayers and well wishes for our sanity for the next 4 years! I also enjoy golfing and of course, following my alma mater, Kansas State. Tailgating at football games has become a religion in our family and we anxiously await every football Saturday in the fall! I also play golf when I can but it seems I am playing less and less as I get busier and busier. I am reminded of this each time I do play when my scores go up and up!

So, why the blog you ask. Well, let me explain. First, I enjoy writing and communicating. I’ve always been interested in the internet, social media and blogging. The more I thought about it, the more I realized I’m missing a golden opportunity to share some of the insights with you I see on a daily basis. In fact, I’m looking for more than just a one way conversation, I want these posts to turn into a discussion. Let’s help each other out, share information and use this wonderful tool we call the internet to our full advantage.

With that being said, here’s what I plan on doing with this experiment. I’m going to have fun with this. I want this to be an enjoyable place to come. Kind of like that place you like to go have coffee in the mornings or that isolated tropical beach you can go to relax. I plan on having guest bloggers share information and insights and I’m going to share some things out of my personal life too. I guess that’s why I have named this Lackey’s Latitudes.  It’s who I am and my state of mind. If I am going to live in Kansas, I can at least be in a tropical latitude mentally can’t I? Well, in the virtual world, this blog exists somewhere tropical, it’s more inviting that way!

 So, here we go, let’s start the journey. I look forward to it, and I hope you do to!

No comments:

Post a Comment