Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Good Business Practice

In these trying economic times, where budgets are cut, the bottom line is scrutinized more and more, layoffs are the buzz around the water cooler and morale is on the downswing, life can be tough in the service industry.  After all, what company can afford to “throw in a little extra” to the client? Who has time (or budget) for quality control, especially when layoffs have occurred and staff help has dwindled? These among many other questions are wrestled with on a daily basis in not only the private sector, but I would imagine in the public sector as well. I happened to run across this article by Jack Canfield called “Going the Extra Mile” that in my mind is the perfect message for those of us in the service industry. I immediately passed it along to my staff and I thought I would share it with you all as well. It goes to the heart of what being a professional services firm is all about and is a refreshing message to those of us who enjoy our client relationships on a daily basis. Enjoy!
http://www.jackcanfield.com/articles/personal-growth-a-spirituality/item/404-going-the-extra-mile-will-get-you-even-farther.html

No comments:

Post a Comment