In my last post, I highlighted the master plan process I'm involved with for the City of Bel Aire, who is developing an 804 acre industrial park. As part of the master plan, we are focusing on five industries that would be likely good fits in the park based on a number of area assets that I also highlighted in my last blog post. This week, I reveal the fourth best suited industry at the park - distribution.
Being located on the northeast side of the Wichita metro area, Bel Aire's park is the closest point for the Wichita metro to the intermodal facilities in Kansas City. Combined with the fact that the Union Pacific has an industry line running to the park, distribution becomes an even better option. Goods can be hauled in by rail to the Park where they can be unloaded off rail cars and loaded onto truck for distribution to many locations around South Central Kansas. In addition, shipments coming in by barge can be shipped to the Port of Catoosa, OK and hauled by rail to the Bel Aire Park. This may present an opportunity for one or more trucking companies to also locate their operations at the Park to be able to better serve their customers and provide improved processing and delivery times.
Bel Aire is also situated between four high quality expressway/freeway systems that can provide trucking access in any direction. K-254 is an east/west expressway north of the site that connects I-35 in El Dorado to I-135/I-235 in north Wichita. K-96 is an east-west freeway south of the site in northeast Wichita that connects I-135 to the west to US-54 to the East. I-135 is west of the site and connects Wichita to I-70, a major east-west interstate that connects the West Coast to the East Coast. I-35 bisects the United States from Texas to Minnesota providing excellent access to major Midwest metropolitan areas.
The bottom line is distribution and retail trade, along with food and beverage services are projected to experience moderate growth over the next 10 years in the Wichita area. The industry can provide several diverse opportunities for business at the Park including, food and beverage distribution, trucking, retail distribution, and transload operations.
Feel free to give me a call or drop me an e-mail if you have any questions and as always, I'm open to your comments right here on this blog post. Stay tuned to Latitudes for the #3 best industry for the Bel Aire Industrial Park.
Have a great one!
Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment